Thursday 14 September 2017

Changing Tastes Part 1: Booze

My body has changed as I’ve aged
But that’s OK - I’m not enraged
Something that I never knew
Was that my tastebuds would change too.

I browse around the liquor store
And see wine, beer, spirits, and more
All those drinks, so artfully arranged
But, oh, how my tastes have changed!

I once thought wine sweet and fruity
Was a thing of endless beauty
But now I’d rather end my day
With a nice cab sav🍷 or chardonnay. 

I decline spirits, mixed and pure
I’d much prefer a smooth liqueur
I’ve cut back on beer, coz I can tell
All that gas makes my tummy swell…

With all those changes, you may think
There’s not much left for me to drink
Baileys? Kahlua? Make mine a double!
And I never say "no" to some (dry) bubbles 🍾

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is on the Move

Hi everyone. Exciting times ahead - I am creating a website and moving this blog across. Once it's all up & running, you can find ...