Sunday 3 December 2017

We're Out Of...

My child stares into the pantry
Then turns to me, with a pout
“Hey Mum, look at the (fill in the blanks)
It has pretty much run out”.

“Now what am I going to eat?
Why haven’t you bought more?
I thought you’d have picked some up
You’re forever at the grocery store.”

Hungry child, please have a seat
And listen closely to my story
In my head, there’s no magic list
No household invent-ory.

I really can’t keep track of
Everything that’s running low
So if you don’t communicate
Then how am I to know?

Better yet, you’ve got two legs
The store’s close - you know the way
So you can go get things yourself
(And, yes, I’ll be happy to pay).

Dear child, when things next run out
I won’t be blamed any more
Pretty soon you may find
You're forever at the grocery store!   😉

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is on the Move

Hi everyone. Exciting times ahead - I am creating a website and moving this blog across. Once it's all up & running, you can find ...