Wednesday 21 March 2018

Car Pride (or not)

My Dad was fond of cars
He treated them with care
Always kept them spick and span
With few signs of wear.

He’d wash, dry, and polish
Till the outside gleamed
Interiors were spotless
Barely used, it seemed.

He’d do basic maintenance
Think oil, and wiper blades
Water bottles were kept full
Car pride, he had in spades.

He'd never let a fuel tank
Drop down below a quarter
Oh, I wish those car-care genes
Had passed on to his daughter…

I should pay so much more
Attention to my car
Dad would surely wonder 
How I let it get this far.

The outside? It has layers
Of grime, dirt, and dust
I will wash it one day soon
Oh, yes, I really must.



















The mirrors, they have cobwebs  🕷
My tyres are almost bald
The inside? Well, it's full of junk
Dad would be appalled!

This weekend, I’ll clean my car
The weather will be great...  🤔
Doing chores on sunny days??
I think the car can wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is on the Move

Hi everyone. Exciting times ahead - I am creating a website and moving this blog across. Once it's all up & running, you can find ...