Saturday 26 August 2017

Sick Day?

(A true story!)


Called in sick – no work today 🤒
A single word I can barely say
A headache and no energy
I really hate this lethargy.

“You’ve got a virus”  the GP said.
“Go home and go back to bed
Lots of water you will need
Rest your voice – do take heed.”

Now I’m here, home alone
No errands to run, no ringing phone
I should nap for an hour or two
But…there are so many things to do.

It’ll only take a little while
To deal with all the paper piles
I really will feel much better
When I’ve dealt with every bill & letter.



And, despite the doctor’s wishes,
I'll just collect up all the dishes
On goes the dishwasher - I’m no fool
My kids can empty it after school.

My body is telling me to sleep
But I'll give the kitchen a quick sweep
I must clean every little nook
Doesn’t matter if I’m feeling crook.

Soon I’ll rest my weary head
Down in my warm & cosy bed
It’ll do me good to have a doze
But look at all the dirty clothes!

A load or two through the machine
I’ll be happy when they’re all clean
And once the clothes are on the line
It really will be snoozing time…

I’ll sit down now, rest my eyes
Oh, the kids are home - a nice surprise
“Stay there Mum, keep off your feet
By the way, what’s there to eat?”

Now my sick day’s at an end
Not sure if I’m on the mend
Come tomorrow, I know what’s best
I'm going back to work to rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is on the Move

Hi everyone. Exciting times ahead - I am creating a website and moving this blog across. Once it's all up & running, you can find ...