Monday 23 October 2017

The Write Time

Getting in the “writing zone”
Can sometimes be quite tricky
Social media, texts, emails...
Distractions sure mount quickly!

I must put aside the looming chores
And pretend they don’t exist
Flick over pages on the notepad
To avoid the "To-Do" list…

I need a space that’s perfect
Not too noisy, not too quiet
I need the right amount of light
And some snacks that fit the diet 🍎

Bottomless coffee is a must
(Or wine -  yes, I’ll have some!)
If conditions are just right
Then, maybe, the words will come

But… there’s another distraction
Which stops me writing more
A certain little "helper"
Who's just too cute to ignore 🐶



No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is on the Move

Hi everyone. Exciting times ahead - I am creating a website and moving this blog across. Once it's all up & running, you can find ...