Sunday 5 November 2017

My Name


Kathryn is my given name
I save it for things formal
I really don’t mind it at all, and…
I’m glad the spelling’s not “normal”.

My parents were quite the rebels
It’s not a name from the family tree
They went for something different
Thought outside the box, for me.

My name of course get shortened
I just use “Kathy” for everyday
It serves me well for writing
For work, and also for play.

Then there’s “Kath” (I don’t mind)
Used mainly by family and friends
Us Aussies make names really short
So of course that’s not the end.

A few have gone the extra mile
And referred to me as “Kat”
I smiled and did not complain
Though I’m not too sure about that.

However...

I recall a saying my Dad often used
It may be old, yet it’s a winner
"You can call me anything you like,
Just don't call me late for dinner!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is on the Move

Hi everyone. Exciting times ahead - I am creating a website and moving this blog across. Once it's all up & running, you can find ...