Tuesday 2 January 2018

First Kiss (There Can Be Only One!)

Sometimes, movies from the past
Can make you reminisce
“Highlander” makes me recall
The night of my first kiss.




















‘Twas the mid-80’s then
I was a nerdy, frumpy teen
I felt sad and unattractive
Out with a boy? I’d never been.

My friend Nat felt bad for me
And soon had an idea
“Kath,” she said, “I’ve got a plan
It’ll be fun, don’t you fear”.

“You know my boyfriend, Tom?
Well, he’s got this mate…
Let’s us four go out together
Oh, it’s going to be great!”

The big night soon came around
With nerves, I felt quite sick
We headed into Melbourne town
To catch a brand new flick.

The boy and I sat, in silence
As Connor McLeod lopped heads
Till Tom turned 'round to his mate
“You’re not here for the movie,” he said.

I was, of course, quite mortified
And blushed the brightest pink
I’ll spare the details of what came next
You can just imagine, I think.

It ended up being our only date
That’s OK – I wasn’t peeved
For, despite the awkwardness
The “first kiss” goal was achieved. 💏

I’d found a new classic movie
With a killer soundtrack by Queen
The night really was a success
Out with a boy? Yes, I’d been!



No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is on the Move

Hi everyone. Exciting times ahead - I am creating a website and moving this blog across. Once it's all up & running, you can find ...